One skier dies, another injured in Austrian avalanche
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
ZURICH (Reuters) - At least one person was killed and another seriously injured on Saturday when an avalanche in the Austrian Alps swept them down a steep, rocky slope, the Austrian news agency APA reported.
The two people, whose nationalities and genders were not given, were among eight skiers ascending a mountain near the village of Obergurgl just before 1300 CET/1200 GMT when they were caught in the snow slide at 3,000 meters (9842.52 ft) above sea level.
At least two people were uninjured and were able to notify rescue personnel.
The seriously injured person was transported by helicopter to a hospital in Innsbruck.
(Reporting by John Miller in Zurich; Editing by Alexander Smith)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China's Baidu opens augmented reality lab to boost waning profits
- Russian 'scrotum protest' artist seeks asylum in France
- PM May welcomes Trump commitment to US-UK trade deal: spokeswoman
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!