One person killed when light aircraft crashes in Kenya
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NAIVASHA, Kenya (Reuters) - A Polish national was killed and five other people, including the pilot, were injured when a light aircraft they were flying in on a tour over Lake Naivasha crashed on Thursday, police said.
The light airplane was flying across the lake, some 104 km (65 miles) northwest of the capital Nairobi, when the accident occurred at around midday.
Civil aviation authority investigators were trying to establish the causes of the crash.
Apart from the dead person, who was a woman, the other occupants were the Kenyan pilot and four passengers from Britain.
(Reporting by Antony Gitonga; Editing by George Obulutsa)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Egypt's Sisi says pound will strengthen over coming months
- Japan's Abe may not be first sitting PM to visit Pearl Harbor: spokesman
- Swiss far-right threatens vote on free movement if migration rises
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!