One person killed when light aircraft crashes in Kenya
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
NAIVASHA, Kenya (Reuters) - A Polish national was killed and five other people, including the pilot, were injured when a light aircraft they were flying in on a tour over Lake Naivasha crashed on Thursday, police said.
The light airplane was flying across the lake, some 104 km (65 miles) northwest of the capital Nairobi, when the accident occurred at around midday.
Civil aviation authority investigators were trying to establish the causes of the crash.
Apart from the dead person, who was a woman, the other occupants were the Kenyan pilot and four passengers from Britain.
(Reporting by Antony Gitonga; Editing by George Obulutsa)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- New Jersey man pleads guilty to charge in Rutgers cyber bullying case
- FCC will not say if agency will review AT&T purchase of Time Warner
- Pakistan opposition says dozens of activists arrested ahead of planned protest
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!