One killed, eight wounded in shooting at Michigan party
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - A man was killed and eight other people were wounded early Sunday in a shooting at a party at a strip mall in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and the suspect was still at large, police said.
Officers responded at about 3:45 a.m. EST (0745 GMT) to a call complaining about noise coming from a large party inside a store at the mall and were notified of the shooting while en route, the Grand Rapids Police Department said in a statement.
A man in his early 20s was found dead inside the store from an apparent gunshot. Eight other victims were taken to hospitals where they were also treated for gunshot wounds. None of the victims were immediately identified.
About 60 to 80 people had gathered for the party, a CBS affiliate said on Sunday.
A police spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the conditions of those injured and the investigation.
(Reporting by Brendan O'Brien in Milwaukee and Gina Cherelus in New York; Editing by Raissa Kasolowsky)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- More businesses must work with suppliers to curb climate change: study
- Wisconsin sued as teens claim unlawful conditions in youth facilities
- Senate energy panel delays Tuesday votes on Perry and Zinke
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!