One hurt in explosion at Massachusetts power plant: local media
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BOSTON (Reuters) - One person was injured in an explosion at a power plant north of Boston, local media reported on Friday, with a fire official in the town of Taunton confirming only that an incident had occurred.
The condition of the person injured in the blast was not immediately clear, Fox 25 television reported.
A dispatcher at Taunton's Fire Department confirmed that officials were on the scene but could not provide immediate details.
"There is an incident going on, not sure of the severity," the dispatcher said.
Taunton is located about 33 miles (53 km) north of Boston.
(Reporting by Scott Malone; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. Supreme Court divided over debt collection dispute
- BlackRock settles SEC charges over whistleblower protection violations
- Lithuania to build fence along border with Russia's Kaliningrad
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!