One hurt in explosion at Massachusetts power plant: local media
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BOSTON (Reuters) - One person was injured in an explosion at a power plant north of Boston, local media reported on Friday, with a fire official in the town of Taunton confirming only that an incident had occurred.
The condition of the person injured in the blast was not immediately clear, Fox 25 television reported.
A dispatcher at Taunton's Fire Department confirmed that officials were on the scene but could not provide immediate details.
"There is an incident going on, not sure of the severity," the dispatcher said.
Taunton is located about 33 miles (53 km) north of Boston.
(Reporting by Scott Malone; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cleaner, but not leaner: China steel mills defy capacity cutbacks
- Huge crowd of mourning Thais sings royal anthem in honor of late king
- China regulator tells banks to boost property loans risk management
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!