One hurt in explosion at Massachusetts power plant: local media
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BOSTON (Reuters) - One person was injured in an explosion at a power plant north of Boston, local media reported on Friday, with a fire official in the town of Taunton confirming only that an incident had occurred.
The condition of the person injured in the blast was not immediately clear, Fox 25 television reported.
A dispatcher at Taunton's Fire Department confirmed that officials were on the scene but could not provide immediate details.
"There is an incident going on, not sure of the severity," the dispatcher said.
Taunton is located about 33 miles (53 km) north of Boston.
(Reporting by Scott Malone; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Little African primate's talents inspire leaping robot
- Junk energy companies rush to primary market
- Japan strikes lucky in deflation fight: James Saft