One Turkish soldier killed, five lightly wounded in clashes in Syria: military
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ANKARA (Reuters) - One Turkish soldier was killed and five more were lightly wounded in clashes with Islamic State militants in northern Syria, the Turkish military said on Friday.
In addition, four Turkey-backed rebels were also killed and 25 injured in the clashes over the last 24 hours, the military said in a statement.
On Thursday, three Turkish soldiers were killed in what the military said was a suspected Syrian air strike, the first such deaths at the hands of Syrian government forces since Ankara launched a cross-border incursion into Syria in August. Turkey said it would retaliate against the attacks.
(Reporting by Orhan Coskun; Writing by Tuvan Gumrukcu; Editing by David Dolan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citadel pays SEC $22.6 million to settle charges of misleading customers
- Bitcoin exchange employee pleads guilty in U.S. case tied to hacking
- Search suspended for plane that crashed in Lake Erie