One Turkish soldier killed, five lightly wounded in clashes in Syria: military
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ANKARA (Reuters) - One Turkish soldier was killed and five more were lightly wounded in clashes with Islamic State militants in northern Syria, the Turkish military said on Friday.
In addition, four Turkey-backed rebels were also killed and 25 injured in the clashes over the last 24 hours, the military said in a statement.
On Thursday, three Turkish soldiers were killed in what the military said was a suspected Syrian air strike, the first such deaths at the hands of Syrian government forces since Ankara launched a cross-border incursion into Syria in August. Turkey said it would retaliate against the attacks.
(Reporting by Orhan Coskun; Writing by Tuvan Gumrukcu; Editing by David Dolan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Russia expects dialogue with Trump on nuclear weapons: Lavrov
- Three arrested near North Dakota pipeline protest site
- Hyundai Motor to boost U.S. investment as automakers respond to Trump
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!