Oklahoma Governor Fallin speaks to Trump about possible Interior Department job: spokesman
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Governor of Oklahoma Mary Fallin arrives to meet with U.S. President-elect Donald Trump at Trump Tower in Manhattan, New York City, U.S., November 21, 2016. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid - RTSSNTM
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin met on Monday with President-elect Donald Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence and discussed the possibility of serving in the new administration, including in the Department of the Interior, her spokesman said.
"It was a wonderful discussion ... I was not offered a position," Fallin told reporters in the lobby of the Trump Tower in New York. "It was just an initial meeting to address a wide range of topics."
A spokesman said they discussed the possibility of Fallin serving at the Interior Department.
(Reporting by Valerie Volcovici in Washington; Writing by Mohammad Zargham; Editing by Doina Chiacu)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- New Year nightclub attacker caught in Istanbul: Turkish media reports
- Ivory Coast police fire teargas to disperse protesting students
- Quake of magnitude 5.7 strikes off Vanuatu: USGS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!