Observatory: Shells kill four children in govt-held Aleppo
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BEIRUT (Reuters) - At least four children were killed in a government-held area of western Aleppo on Thursday when shells landed near a school, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported.
Syrian state news agency SANA said the school in the al-Suleimaniya area had been targeted in what it described as a terrorist attack. Aleppo has been divided between government and rebel control for years.
(Story corrects to clarify that shells landed near the school, not in it.)
(Reporting by Ellen Francis; Editing by Tom Perry and Alison Williams)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- At least two dozen dead in ethnic clashes in southeastern Congo
- Saudi pledges adherence to oil cut, confident others will
- Iran sticks to deadline of nuclear deal with centrifuge move: IAEA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!