Obama will convene refugee meeting at United Nations: White House
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
U.S. President Barack Obama boards Air Force One for travel to Philadelphia and New York from Joint Base Andrews, Maryland, U.S., September 13, 2016. REUTERS/Carlos Barria
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama will convene a meeting with world leaders to discuss the global refugee crisis at a United Nations gathering next week, the White House said on Thursday.
"There are too few countries around the world that are bearing a significant burden in the form of hundreds of thousands, and in some cases even millions, of individuals who fled their home country to avoid violence," White House spokesman Josh Earnest.
(Reporting by Jeff Mason and Susan Heavey; Editing by Jonathan Oatis)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Indian government wants Apple, but not all officials are biting
- Regulatory crackdown fails to deter M&A leaks globally, survey shows
- Outgoing U.S. envoy says U.N. needs to 'push' Iran on arms embargo
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesBarack Obama
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!