Obama says Pelosi a strong leader, showing support for re-election bid
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
U.S. President Barack Obama holds a press conference at the conclusion of the APEC Summit in Lima, Peru November 20, 2016. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
By Dustin Volz
LIMA (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Sunday called U.S. House Democratic chief Nancy Pelosi a remarkable leader, giving strong praise to the California lawmaker as House Democrats consider whether to re-elect to the post.
Democrats need to fight for their principles but must be willing to work with the incoming administration of President-elect Donald Trump, Obama told a news conference after the APEC summit in Lima.
(Reporting by Jeff Mason in Lima and Dustin Volz in Washington; Editing by Sandra Maler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
- African governments urged to help 3.5 million people uprooted from their homes in 2015
- U.S. derivatives regulator to move on from Dodd-Frank under Trump
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump, Barack Obama
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!