Obama likely to address corporate tax avoidance at G20: White House
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
U.S. President Barack Obama delivers remarks to the Pacific Islands Conference of Leaders at the East West Center in Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S. August 31, 2016. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will likely have discussions with world leaders at the upcoming G20 meeting in China about controlling corporate tax avoidance and creating a more fair global tax system, the White House said on Thursday.
The EU ruled this week ruled that Apple must pay $13 billion euro ($14.5 billion) in back tax payments, a decision the Obama administration has criticized.
White House spokesman Josh Earnest said he did not expect headlines about progress on corporate tax avoidance from the G20 meeting of global economic leaders that runs Sunday through Monday.
"But I would anticipate that this is an issue that the President will engage in, in the context of discussions at the G20," Earnest said.
(Reporting by Roberta Rampton, editing by G Crosse)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- About 40 cars in pile-up on snowy highway near Detroit
- Gambia's President-Elect says Jammeh cannot reject polls
- Egypt received inflows of $1 billion in month since currency float: central bank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesBarack Obama
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!