Nine prison staffers in Nebraska injured in altercation with inmates
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Nine staff members at a state prison in Nebraska were injured during an altercation with inmates on Wednesday, a state correctional services spokeswoman said.
The staff members were taken to hospital, treated and released after the incident that put the Lincoln Correctional Center on lockdown, Nebraska Department of Correctional Services spokeswoman Dawn-Renee Smith said in a statement.
The staff members were assaulted by inmates who refused to return to their housing units, she said.
It was unclear if any inmates were injured during the incident.
(Reporting by Brendan O'Brien in Milwaukee; Editing by Paul Tait)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Exclusive: Goldman Sachs' Latam investment bank chief to leave - source
- AT&T set to announce $85 billion Time Warner purchase
- Russian helicopter crash kills 19 in northwest Siberia
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!