New York state man charged with plotting school attack
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - A New York state teen who allegedly plotted an attack on a school and put bomb-making materials on a list of items was arrested by sheriff's deputies on Wednesday, authorities said.
The suspect, Kyle Gorden, 19, of Fairport, a Rochester suburb, had told people that "he was going to attack a school at a future date," the Monroe County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.
Gorden has admitted making a list of items for an attack, including bomb-making materials, ammunition and knives, and buying many of them, the statement said.
Investigators said they found that Gorden had been trying to get a gun. The statement said he was arrested on felony charges of making a terroristic threat.
A sheriff's spokesman could not be reached for information on a lawyer for Gorden.
(Reporting by Ian Simpson in Washington)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Center-right opposition declares victory in Lithuania election
- Former Qatari Emir dies aged 84
- Clinton thinks regulators should scrutinize AT&T-Time Warner deal: spokesman