New York state man charged with plotting school attack
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - A New York state teen who allegedly plotted an attack on a school and put bomb-making materials on a list of items was arrested by sheriff's deputies on Wednesday, authorities said.
The suspect, Kyle Gorden, 19, of Fairport, a Rochester suburb, had told people that "he was going to attack a school at a future date," the Monroe County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.
Gorden has admitted making a list of items for an attack, including bomb-making materials, ammunition and knives, and buying many of them, the statement said.
Investigators said they found that Gorden had been trying to get a gun. The statement said he was arrested on felony charges of making a terroristic threat.
A sheriff's spokesman could not be reached for information on a lawyer for Gorden.
(Reporting by Ian Simpson in Washington)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bilfinger CEO says will take time for Iran to regain investors' trust
- Exclusive: Edmond de Rothschild to close Hong Kong operations - sources
- One-time Trump adviser Page to meet businessmen, politicians in Moscow: RIA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!