Nestle and R&R complete Froneri ice cream joint venture
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
ZURICH (Reuters) - Food giant Nestle
"With sales of around 2.6 billion euros ($2.92 billion), Froneri will operate in 22 countries across the world, employing around 15,000 people," Froneri said on its website.
The 50/50 joint venture announced in April will combine Nestle and R&R ice cream businesses across Europe, the Middle East, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, the Philippines and South Africa.
It will also include Nestle's European frozen food business excluding pizza and retail frozen food in Italy, as well as its chilled dairy business in the Philippines.
The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
(Reporting by Brenna Hughes Neghaiwi; Editing by Michael Shields)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Former OPEC official El-Badri says non-OPEC cut a 'must': conference
- Masterbuilt recalls U.S. gas smokers over fire risk
- ICC to discuss South Africa's failure to arrest Sudan's Bashir