Mortar shells wound woman, child in southern Turkey: Dogan
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Three mortar shells were fired into the town of Osmaniye in southern Turkey near the border of Syria on Wednesday, wounding a woman and her child who were hit by shrapnel, the Dogan news agency reported.
It said the shells hit gardens in two districts of Osmaniye, at the foothills of the Nur mountains. It was not clear who fired the mortars or from where. Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) militants are active in the region.
(Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by David Dolan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Too soon to say if Italy needs fresh measures to curb deficit: minister
- Canada's Trudeau faces ethics probe over Bahamas trip
- Indian girls win award for tricking traffickers and busting cross-border racket
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!