Morocco annual inflation slows to 1.6 percent in July
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
A view of Djamaa Lafna square and its restaurants in Marrakesh's old city December 18, 2014. Picture taken December 18, 2014. REUTERS/Youssef Boudlal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RABAT (Reuters) - Morocco's annual consumer price inflation eased to 1.6 percent in July from 2.3 percent in June due to a slowing in food price rises, the High Planning Authority said on Monday.
Annual food inflation eased to 2.7 percent from 4.4 percent in the previous month, while non-food price inflation fell slightly to 0.5 percent in the 12 months to July from an annual 0.6 percent in June.
Transport costs fell 1.1 percent, but hotels and restaurants were 2.6 percent more expensive, the agency said without giving details.
On a month-on-month basis, the consumer price index eased to 0.2 percent in July, down from 0.4 percent in June as food price inflation fell to 0.4 percent from 0.8 percent.
(Reporting By Aziz El Yaakoubi)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Center-right opposition declares victory in Lithuania election
- Burkina police kill jihadist in firefight in capital
- Two Pakistan coast guard killed in Pakistan's key CPEC port district