Morocco annual inflation slows to 1.6 percent in July
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
A view of Djamaa Lafna square and its restaurants in Marrakesh's old city December 18, 2014. Picture taken December 18, 2014. REUTERS/Youssef Boudlal
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RABAT (Reuters) - Morocco's annual consumer price inflation eased to 1.6 percent in July from 2.3 percent in June due to a slowing in food price rises, the High Planning Authority said on Monday.
Annual food inflation eased to 2.7 percent from 4.4 percent in the previous month, while non-food price inflation fell slightly to 0.5 percent in the 12 months to July from an annual 0.6 percent in June.
Transport costs fell 1.1 percent, but hotels and restaurants were 2.6 percent more expensive, the agency said without giving details.
On a month-on-month basis, the consumer price index eased to 0.2 percent in July, down from 0.4 percent in June as food price inflation fell to 0.4 percent from 0.8 percent.
(Reporting By Aziz El Yaakoubi)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bilfinger CEO says will take time for Iran to regain investors' trust
- 'La La Land' duo Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling cement mark in Hollywood
- Swiss SVP won't call for referendum against new immigration law
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!