Monte dei Paschi set to name shareholder Falciai chairman: sources
- Wall Street drops as banks, health stocks weigh
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/17: (FWP) (CLSN) (GEVO) Higher; (ADHD) (CBK) (UEC) Lower (more...)
The main entrance of the Monte dei Paschi bank headquarters is seen in Siena, Italy March 13, 2012. REUTERS/Max Rossi/File photo
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian lender Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena
Falciai, a Monte dei Paschi board member and head of the bank's nomination committee, will replace Massimo Tononi who has said he would step down after a shareholder meeting that will be held in the coming weeks to approve the bank's rescue plan.
Falciai is also a Monte dei Paschi shareholder with a stake of just under 2 percent.
"I'm not sure if it will be announced today, but the only available candidate is Falciai," one of the sources said.
Monte dei Paschi, the world's oldest bank, needs to raise a total of 5 billion euros ($5.57 billion) by the end of the year or risk being wound down. It is racing to raise the cash and offload some 28 billion euros in bad loans at below book value.
(Reporting by Paola Arosio and Stefano Bernabei, writing by Agnieszka Flak)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Southern African maize munching pest is South American invader - experts
- Iran's Rouhani says talk about renegotiating nuclear deal 'meaningless'
- Brainard joins Fed chorus warning about fiscal stimulus risks
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!