Monte dei Paschi board unanimously backed reply to Passera: chairman
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
A Monte dei Paschi di Siena advertisement is seen on a screen in a bank window in downtown Milan, Italy, January 14, 2016. REUTERS/Stefano Rellandini/File Photo
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
MILAN (Reuters) - The board of Monte dei Paschi di Siena unanimously backed the reply given by the bank to former industry minister Corrado Passera, who withdrew an alternative rescue plan for the lender accusing it of obstruction, Monte dei Paschi's chairman said.
In a statement on Tuesday after Passera dropped his proposal, the bank said it regretted Passera's decision but added the claims he made were groundless and incompatible with the bank's duty to guarantee all investors a level playing field as regards data access.
(Reporting by Gianluca Semeraro)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Former U.S. officials urge Trump to talk with Iranian MEK group
- Indian tailor confesses to sexually assaulting "hundreds" of schoolgirls - police
- Quake of magnitude 5.7 strikes off Vanuatu: USGS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!