Monte dei Paschi board says CEO meets good repute criteria
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Marco Morelli gestures during a meeting in Milan November 11, 2011. REUTERS/Imagoeconomica
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SIENA (Reuters) - Italian bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena
Morelli was appointed in the top position of Italy's third biggest bank, which is seeking to raise up to 5 billion euros in fresh funds from investors to avert the risk of being wound down, on Sept 14.
Less than a week before the bank had abruptly announced that his predecessor Fabrizio Viola was stepping down.
Morelli, a former chief financial officer at the Tuscan bank, was fined by the Bank of Italy in 2013 for his alleged role in misleading regulators over the true nature of a hybrid financial instrument the bank used to partially fund its acquisition of regional rival Antonveneta.
He denies any wrongdoing, is appealing the fine and a judicial investigation against him over the same allegations has been dropped.
(Reporting by Silvia Ognibene, writing by Silvia Aloisi)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
- Bangladesh upholds death sentences over 2004 attack on British envoy
- Sony to release as many as six mobile phone games next year
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!