Mississippi man arrested in stabbing death of two nuns: police
- Wall Street ends down as Trump focuses on trade
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - A Mississippi man has been arrested in the stabbing death of two Catholic nuns at their home earlier this week, police said on Friday.
Rodney Earl Sanders, 46, faces two counts of capital murder in the death of two nuns in Durant, the Mississippi Department of Public Safety said in a statement.
“Sanders was developed as a person of interest early on in the investigation,” Mississippi Bureau of Investigation Director Jimmy Jordan said.
Sister Paula Merrill and Sister Margaret Held were found stabbed to death by a co-worker on Thursday when they did not come into the clinic where they worked, police told local media.
Sanders was in custody, awaiting his initial court appearance, the safety department said.
(Reporting by Brendan O'Brien in Milwaukee; Editing by Stephen Coates)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Egyptian state TV airs video of murdered Italian student Regeni
- U.S. says will prevent China taking over territory in international waters
- 'Resident Evil' goes back to survival horror roots for new game
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!