Mississippi man arrested in stabbing death of two nuns: police
- Techs buoy S&P, Nasdaq; Goldman pushes Dow to record high
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - A Mississippi man has been arrested in the stabbing death of two Catholic nuns at their home earlier this week, police said on Friday.
Rodney Earl Sanders, 46, faces two counts of capital murder in the death of two nuns in Durant, the Mississippi Department of Public Safety said in a statement.
“Sanders was developed as a person of interest early on in the investigation,” Mississippi Bureau of Investigation Director Jimmy Jordan said.
Sister Paula Merrill and Sister Margaret Held were found stabbed to death by a co-worker on Thursday when they did not come into the clinic where they worked, police told local media.
Sanders was in custody, awaiting his initial court appearance, the safety department said.
(Reporting by Brendan O'Brien in Milwaukee; Editing by Stephen Coates)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kerry says Iran nuclear deal has made world safer, rejecting Trump criticism
- U.N. identifies 41 Burundi, Gabon troops accused of abuse in Central Africa
- U.S. court puts Obamacare case on hold until Trump takes office
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!