Merkel expected to say on Sunday if she'll run for office in 2017: report
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings gather pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
German Chancellor Angela Merkel gives a statement on the nomination of German foreign minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier as candidate for German President in Berlin, Germany, November 14, 2016. REUTERS/Axel Schmidt
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel is expected to announce on Sunday whether she will run for a fourth term in next year's federal election, the Redaktionsnetzwerk Deutschland media group said on Wednesday.
The report cited sources in the executive board of Merkel's Christian Democrats (CDU).
A spokesman for the chancellery declined to comment when contacted by Reuters.
At a regular government news conference earlier on Wednesday Steffen Seibert, Merkel's spokesman, said the chancellor would make her intentions clear "at the appropriate time".
(Reporting by Michelle Martin; Editing by Andrea Shalal)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Public backstop for banks in euro zone necessary: ECB's Praet
- U.S. existing home sales fall as supply hits 17-year low
- Unfazed by Trump, Innogy sticks with U.S. wind expansion plans
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!