Member of UK armed forces charged with Northern Ireland-related terrorism offences
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LONDON (Reuters) - A serving member of the British armed forces was charged with terrorism offences on Friday in connection with Northern Ireland, London's Metropolitan Police said.
Ciaran Maxwell, 30, was arrested in Somerset, southwest England, last month.
He is charged with making and storing explosives linked to the preparation of an act of terrorism and was appearing at Westminster Magistrates Court in London later on Friday.
Maxwell, of Exminster, Devon, was also charged with fraud and possession of cannabis.
Police said related property searches in Exminster were now complete but those at a wooded area in Devon would continue into next week.
(Reporting by Stephen Addison; editing by Kate Holton)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fate of child migrants uncertain before France demolishes Jungle camp
- Door to Lebanese presidency 'wide open', will vote for Aoun: Hezbollah
- Trump would '100 percent' accept election result if it's fair: son
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!