Marketplace loan investors need borrower information: SEC
- S&P little changed as energy weighs but financials edge up
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces FTC Settlement
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Mary Jo White is interviewed at the Reuters Financial Regulation Summit in Washington, US May 17, 2016. REUTERS/Gary Cameron
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Investors in marketplace loans, where borrowers and funders are matched in online platforms, need to have adequate information about borrowers' abilities to repay the debts, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission chair said on Monday.
SEC Chair Mary Jo White also said the top securities regulator is evaluating how and when distributed ledger systems such as blockchain will be "onboarded" in equity markets, as well as the appropriate disclosures automated investment advisory programs should make to clients.
SEC Commissioner Michael Piwowar said the SEC's regional offices could function as centers where start-ups in financial technology can receive guidance on regulation.
(Reporting by Lisa Lambert)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bill Barrett Corporation (BBG) Entered Confidentiality Agreement with Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Pertaining to BCEI's Chapter 11 Proceeding
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH) to Take $300M Pre-Tax Charge Related to Summary Judgment in Unsecured Creditors Litigation
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!