Marketplace loan investors need borrower information: SEC
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Mary Jo White is interviewed at the Reuters Financial Regulation Summit in Washington, US May 17, 2016. REUTERS/Gary Cameron
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Investors in marketplace loans, where borrowers and funders are matched in online platforms, need to have adequate information about borrowers' abilities to repay the debts, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission chair said on Monday.
SEC Chair Mary Jo White also said the top securities regulator is evaluating how and when distributed ledger systems such as blockchain will be "onboarded" in equity markets, as well as the appropriate disclosures automated investment advisory programs should make to clients.
SEC Commissioner Michael Piwowar said the SEC's regional offices could function as centers where start-ups in financial technology can receive guidance on regulation.
(Reporting by Lisa Lambert)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Atkore International Group (ATKR) Files 8M Share Common Stock Shelf for Shareholder
- MyoKardia (MYOK) Receives $25M Milestone Related to MYK-491 Development (SNY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!