Man shot after stabbing six at Pennsylvania mental health clinic
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - A knife-wielding man was shot by police after stabbing six people at a mental health clinic outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on Friday afternoon, authorities said.
Dustin Johnson, 38, is accused of starting the attack shortly after entering the Turtle Creek Valley Mental Health center in Homestead around 2 p.m. local time (1900 GMT), the Allegheny County Police Department said.
Police said Johnson went to the fifth floor of the facility where he stabbed the victims, while armed with two knives as well as what appeared to be a handgun but was later determined to be a BB gun.
Johnson stabbed two residents and three employees, local media reported. One of the residents was in a critical condition while the rest of the victims were stable, WPXI.com reported.
Police said SWAT officers were attempting to negotiate with Johnson when the victims and their relatives began calling 911, saying they were bleeding out from their wounds. Three officers subsequently opened fire on Johnson, police said.
Police said Johnson was taken to an area hospital and was undergoing surgery.
Local broadcaster WTAE interviewed staff member CJ Fulton who witnessed the incident and said Johnson was a former patient.
Fulton said Johnson "was angry from something that happened when he was staying there with us, when he was a patient, and he started saying, 'You ruined my life,'" before launching into his stabbing spree.
(Reporting by Curtis Skinner in San Francisco and Brendan O'Brien in Milwaukee; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Romania elects new parliament, leftists ahead in polls
- Ghana's next leader under pressure to deliver for impatient voters
- About 40 cars in pile-up on snowy highway near Detroit