Man dies exploding 'pipe bomb' at California health clinic: media
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump takes office
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - A man in a wheelchair died on Tuesday when he detonated what appeared to be a pipe bomb at a health clinic in Oakland, California, TV stations reported on Tuesday, citing police.
Oakland police said no one else was hurt in the incident at the facility called San Antonio Neighborhood Health Center and that it was under investigation as a suicide, according to television station CBS San Francisco.
It was not immediately clear what might have motivated the man to kill himself.
The Alameda County Sheriff's Office in a message on Twitter said its bomb squad helped Oakland police ensure the area was safe. Representatives for Oakland police could not be reached for comment late on Tuesday.
CBS San Francisco reported that witnesses told police the man entered the Northern California clinic's lobby with what appeared to be a pipe bomb before he detonated the device.
(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis in Los Angeles; Editing by Nick Macfie)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mexico leader vows to protect Mexicans as he seeks close ties with Trump
- Chapo extradition seen boosting U.S.-Mexico security relations under Trump
- U.S. asks South Korea to arrest former U.N. chief Ban's brother
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!