Man arrested over alleged rape inside UK parliament
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends flat; Microsoft rallies, healthcare falls
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
LONDON (Reuters) - A 23-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of rape following an alleged incident inside Britain's Houses of Parliament, London police said on Tuesday.
The attack reportedly took place in the early hours of last Friday and the suspect, who police have not named, was detained later that day. Police said he was not a lawmaker.
Police said the man had been released on bail until January pending further inquiries.
A spokesman for the House of Commons, one of Britain's most recognizable buildings on the banks of the River Thames in Westminster, said they were aware of the incident and parliament was working closely with police.
(Reporting by Michael Holden; editing by Kate Holton)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Speculators lift U.S. dollar bets to highest since late January: CFTC, Reuters
- New York governor approves new regulations on Airbnb
- Brazil government worried arrest could hamper spending cap vote
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!