Lufthansa bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 from all flights
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
A German carrier Lufthansa aircraft lands at Tegel airport in Berlin, Germany, January 27, 2016. REUTERS/Fabrizio Bensch/File Photo
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - German flagship carrier Lufthansa said on Tuesday it had banned Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 mobile phones from all of its flights with immediate effect.
"Transport of the devices is forbidden on all flights, both in checked bags and in hand luggage," a spokeswoman for Lufthansa said, confirming a report by German radio station MDR Aktuell.
Lufthansa had previously only banned the smartphones from flights to and from the United States.
Samsung scrapped the Galaxy Note 7 last week because of incidents where the phones began smoking or caught fire, dealing a huge blow to its reputation.
(Reporting by Maria Sheahan; Editing by Ludwig Burger)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pope Francis the manager - surprising, secretive, shrewd
- Vodafone UK fined a record 4.6 million pounds for failing customers
- South Africa's Zuma admits he is 'implicated' in graft report: eNCA TV
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!