Louisiana authorities search for three escaped prisoners
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Louisiana authorities on Monday were searching for three inmates who scaled razor wire fencing to escape from a medium-security prison, the local sheriff's department said.
Michael Elliot, 24, Walshea Mitchell, 35, and Willie Ethridge, 34, broke out of the Natchitoches Parish Detention Center at about 10 p.m. CDT on Saturday night, the Natchitoches sheriff's office said.
Elliot was serving a sentence for theft, Mitchell for armed robbery with a weapon and attempted armed robbery, and Ethridge for attempted second degree murder and armed robbery.
The men are not believed to have been armed at the time of their escape, the sheriff's office said.
The trio apparently scaled two rows of fencing topped with razor wires to flee the prison, which houses some 550 minimum- and medium-security adult male inmates, the sheriff's office said.
(Reporting by Laila Kearney; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sanaa air raids resume as Yemen truce expires: residents
- Cubs to meet Indians in World Series
- French police chief promises change after sixth night of protests: TV
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!