London teenager charged with preparing terrorism attacks
- Health, tech stocks extend Wall Street record-setting rally
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
LONDON (Reuters) - A 19-year-old man from London has been charged under counter-terrorism law with preparing attacks, the British capital's Metropolitan Police force said on Tuesday.
Haroon Ali-Syed, from Hounslow in the west of the British capital, was arrested last Thursday along with two other men, who have been released on police bail pending further investigation.
The police said Ali-Syed's alleged offence of preparing to commit acts of terrorism took place between April and September this year. They gave no further details. He was due to appear at London's Westminster Magistrates' Court later on Tuesday.
The official security threat level in Britain is currently set at its second-highest category of "severe", meaning that an attack by militants is considered highly likely.
(Reporting by Estelle Shirbon; editing by Michael Holden)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Inmate coughs, heaves during Alabama execution raising ire over drug
- 'I did it,' South Carolina church shooting suspect says in taped confession
- Bolton says Trump moves could signal 'different,' tougher, China line
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!