LendingClub appoints Thomas Casey CFO
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
A woman looks at her phone as she passes by a Lending Club banner on the facade of the the New York Stock Exchange December 11, 2014. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - Online lending platform operator LendingClub Corp said it appointed Thomas Casey as chief financial officer to replace Carrie Dolan, who resigned last month.
Dolan's departure was the first high-profile exit since Renaud Laplanche, the company's founder, resigned as chief executive on May 9.
LendingClub, once considered the industry's standard bearer, has been plagued by revelations of questionable practices, a U.S. Department of Justice investigation, the departure of loan investors and layoffs of 179 employees.
Last month, the company reported its biggest quarterly loss in a year as it struggles to bring banks back to its platform following the departure of its chief executive and a scandal involving altered loan documents.
Casey, whose appointment is effective Sept. 19, was most recently the chief financial officer at Acelity, an advanced wound care and regenerative medicine company.
Bradley Coleman, who was appointed interim CFO following Dolan's resignation, will remain principal accounting officer and corporate controller, the company said on Monday.
The company's shares were flat in extended trading. They had lost nearly half their value this year.
(Reporting by Sweta Singh in Bengaluru; Editing by Don Sebastian)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sanaa air raids resume as Yemen truce expires: residents
- Cubs to meet Indians in World Series
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe skirts retirement talk at burial of friend
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!