Lebanese army detains an IS leader, other militants: security sources
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The Lebanese army detained an Islamic State leader and 11 other militants in a dawn raid on Friday near the town of Arsal on the Syrian border, security sources said.
Ahmad Yousef Amoun, the Islamic State leader, was wounded in a shootout during the raid. The army seized a large quantity of weapons and explosive belts, the sources said.
The town of Arsal was the location of a major attack by jihadists from Islamic State and the al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front in 2014. Islamic State is still holding nine Lebanese soldiers kidnapped by the group during the attack.
(Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by Gareth Jones)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Baidu names former Microsoft exec as COO in artificial intelligence push
- Scholar says free-floating yuan is nothing to fear: paper
- Costa Rica sues Nicaragua over alleged territory violation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!