LG Electronics says to partner with Amazon on smart homes
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Visitors walk past the showroom of LG Electronics during the Auto China 2016 show in Beijing, China April 26, 2016. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon/File Photo
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea's LG Electronics Inc said on Friday it is partnering with Amazon.com Inc on smart-home services, enabling the U.S. company's services such as the Alexa virtual assistant on some of the electronics maker's devices.
LG said in a statement Alexa will work with its SmartThinkQ Hub, an LG device used to connect with home appliances over the internet, to allow users to control the South Korean firm's home appliances via voice-recognition technology.
It would add Amazon.com's Dash feature on its SmartThinQ Sensors, which enabled so-called "smart" features on appliances that cannot communicate with other devices on their own, to allow users to quickly order household items such as laundry detergent or drinks.
"We will work with a wide range of partners to deliver differentiated smart-home solutions to customers," said Jo Seung-jin, head of LG's appliances business, in the statement.
(Reporting by Se Young Lee; Editing by Stephen Coates)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Forensic police examine Australian theme park ride that killed four
- White House weighing whether greenhouse gas deal needs Senate approval
- AT&T aims to break from streaming crowd with Time Warner
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!