L.A smoke shop up in flames
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Firefighters battled a major fire that engulfed a two story building that houses a wholesale distributor of smoking materials in downtown Los Angeles on Monday (September 12) night.
The Los Angeles Fire Department reported on their website that the fire broke out on 330 E 3rd street and that firefighters were using defensive tactics to hold the flames.
Aerial footage captured by local news source showed the flames spreading through most of the second floor of the building.
Local stations quoted a Los Angeles Fire Department official saying that exploding gas cylinders inside the structure could be heard.
The Los Angeles Fire Department said no injuries or evacuations were reported and the fire was extinguished after 2 hours.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Malaysian PM urges intervention to stop 'genocide' of Myanmar's Rohingya Muslims
- Syrian rebels weakened in Aleppo battle by their own divisions
- Fleeing Aleppo fighting, Syrians describe terrifying choices
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!