Kremlin says talks with EU leaders on Ukraine planned for Oct. 19 in Berlin
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Russian President Vladimir Putin delivers a speech during a session of the 23rd World Energy Congress in Istanbul, Turkey, October 10, 2016. Sputnik/Kremlin/Alexei Druzhinin via REUTERS
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin will visit Berlin on Oct. 19 for talks with some leaders of the European Union and Ukraine to discuss a solution to the Ukrainian crisis, a Kremlin aide told reporters on Monday.
Putin is already due to visit Paris on that day, although French President Francois Hollande has said he may not see his Russian counterpart. Hollande has condemned Putin's "unacceptable" support for Syrian air strikes.
It was not immediately clear whether Putin planned to visit both cities on the same day.
The Kremlin had earlier said German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Putin had agreed on a schedule of future contacts in the so-called Normandy format, first adopted in 2014, which brings together the leaders of Ukraine, Russia, Germany and France.
(Reporting by Olesya Astakhova; Writing by Vladimir Soldatkin; Editing by Catherine Evans)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Egyptians losing patience with Sisi as economy deteriorates
- Burundi police question U.S. journalist, keep her fixer in custody
- Italy's front line in fight to save banks: a storage room
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!