Kremlin says regrets way Russia is being used in U.S election campaign
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - The Kremlin said on Wednesday it regretted the fact that Russia and President Vladimir Putin had become what it called an inseparable part of the U.S. election campaign, saying it was fed up with Russia usually being presented in a negative light.
It made the comments after Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said a day earlier that Russia had broken a deal with the United States over a ceasefire in Syria and that Putin did not respect U.S. leaders.
"Of course we would like our country to be mentioned only positively, but to our regret we know that the Russian card and mentioning our president have practically become an inseparable part of America's election campaign," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told a conference call with reporters.
(Reporting by Dmitry Solovyov; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
- U.S. Marine pilot dies after ejecting from plane off Japan
- U.S. derivatives regulator to move on from Dodd-Frank under Trump
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!