Kazakh president to travel to Uzbekistan on Saturday: source
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Nursultan Nazarbayev, President of Kazakhstan waits to address attendees during the 70th session of the United Nations General Assembly at the U.N. headquarters in New York, September 28, 2015. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ALMATY (Reuters) - Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev plans to travel to Uzbekistan on Saturday, cutting short his trip to China, a Kazakh government source told Reuters on Friday.
The sudden change of plans could indicate that the Kazakh government is preparing for an imminent announcement of Uzbek President Islam Karimov's death.
The Uzbek government said on Friday Karimov's health has sharply worsened and described his condition as critical.
(Reporting by Olzhas Auyezov; Editing by Maria Kiselyova)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed Beige Book Says Job Market Tight; Outlooks Mostly Positive
- Sanaa air raids resume as Yemen truce expires: residents
- Spain's Socialists seen clearing the way for end to political deadlock
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!