Kazakh president to travel to Uzbekistan on Saturday: source
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Nursultan Nazarbayev, President of Kazakhstan waits to address attendees during the 70th session of the United Nations General Assembly at the U.N. headquarters in New York, September 28, 2015. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
ALMATY (Reuters) - Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev plans to travel to Uzbekistan on Saturday, cutting short his trip to China, a Kazakh government source told Reuters on Friday.
The sudden change of plans could indicate that the Kazakh government is preparing for an imminent announcement of Uzbek President Islam Karimov's death.
The Uzbek government said on Friday Karimov's health has sharply worsened and described his condition as critical.
(Reporting by Olzhas Auyezov; Editing by Maria Kiselyova)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kyrgyz neighborhood razed by plane crash
- OPEC sees market stability in 2017, Venezuela aims for $70 price
- Chinese official fired after calling Mao 'a devil'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!