Kazakh president to travel to Uzbekistan on Saturday: source
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Nursultan Nazarbayev, President of Kazakhstan waits to address attendees during the 70th session of the United Nations General Assembly at the U.N. headquarters in New York, September 28, 2015. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
ALMATY (Reuters) - Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev plans to travel to Uzbekistan on Saturday, cutting short his trip to China, a Kazakh government source told Reuters on Friday.
The sudden change of plans could indicate that the Kazakh government is preparing for an imminent announcement of Uzbek President Islam Karimov's death.
The Uzbek government said on Friday Karimov's health has sharply worsened and described his condition as critical.
(Reporting by Olzhas Auyezov; Editing by Maria Kiselyova)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Announces Dan Csont as Vice President of Brand Management
- Country star Garth Brooks in talks for Trump inaugural celebrations
- Gambia President Jammeh rejects outcome of Dec. 1 election
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!