Juncker urges Britain to start Brexit talks 'as soon as possible'
- Wall Street climbs in wake of first presidential face-off
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Futures Orders Miss Views
- Tempur Sealy (TPX) Updates on Outlook; Sees Q3 Sales Below Prior Expectations
- Galectin (GALT) Reports Exploratory Phase 2a Pilot Trial of GR-MD-02 in Nash Misses Primary Biomarker Endpoint; Announces $1.5M Private Placement
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/27: (SEED) (GALE) (CTAS) Higher; (GALT) (TPX) (NKE) Lower (more...)
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker addresses the European Parliament during a debate on The State of the European Union in Strasbourg, France, September 14, 2016. REUTERS/Vincent Kessler
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - Britain should launch formal Brexit negotiations quickly and the bloc will not allow itself to be held back if London hesitates to trigger Article 50 of the EU treaty, European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker was quoted as saying on Saturday.
"I will not meddle in Britain's domestic politics," Juncker told German media group Funke. "But it would be in the best interest of all parties if the divorce letter is submitted as soon as possible to not unnecessarily prolong the phase of uncertainty."
(Reporting by Michael Nienaber; Editing by Victoria Bryan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- German consumer morale falls slightly heading into October
- At your service: cyber criminals for hire to militants, EU says
- Exclusive: Uber to move freight, target trucking for the long haul
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!