Japan jobless rate falls to 3.0 percent in July
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Job-seekers rest on a bench at a job fair held for graduates in Tokyo November 15, 2008. REUTERS/Yuriko Nakao/File Photo
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate fell to 3.0 percent in July from the previous month, data by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications showed on Tuesday.
The median estimate from a Reuters poll of economists was for a rate of 3.1 percent, unchanged from June.
The jobs-applicants ratio was unchanged from June at 1.37, separate data by the labor ministry showed. The median estimate was for a ratio of 1.38.
A full table can be seen on the website of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications at:
(Note: The jobs-to-applicants ratio and new job offers can be seen in Japanese on the labor ministry's website.)
(Reporting by Sumio Ito; Editing by Chang-Ran Kim)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China issues roadmap for development of self-driving vehicle market
- Toyota to recall 5.8 million cars in Japan, China, Europe over Takata airbags
- Nintendo swings to second-quarter loss as yen strength erodes overseas income
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!