Japan finance minister says to coordinate with Bank of Japan to beat deflation
- Wall Street climbs in wake of first presidential face-off
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Futures Orders Miss Views
- Tempur Sealy (TPX) Updates on Outlook; Sees Q3 Sales Below Prior Expectations
- Galectin (GALT) Reports Exploratory Phase 2a Pilot Trial of GR-MD-02 in Nash Misses Primary Biomarker Endpoint; Announces $1.5M Private Placement
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/27: (SEED) (GALE) (CTAS) Higher; (GALT) (TPX) (NKE) Lower (more...)
Japan's finance minister Taro Aso arrives at Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's official residence in Tokyo, Japan, August 3, 2016. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Friday that he was closely coordinating with the Bank of Japan to defeat deflation, adding that monetary policy was up to the central bank to decide.
Aso made the remarks when asked about commercial banks' criticism against the BOJ's negative interest rate policy for squeezing already-thin profit margins.
The BOJ meets for a rate review next week, where it will conduct a comprehensive assessment of its policies that combine negative interest rates with a massive asset-buying program.
(Reporting by Tetsushi Kajimoto; Editing by Chang-Ran Kim)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Dubai airport shuts airspace for nearly 30 mins due to drone activity
- Crowds gather after police fatally wound unarmed black man in southern California
- Bulgaria nominates EU Commissioner Georgieva to run for U.N. Chief
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!