Japan economy minister: Economy continues to recover albeit with some weakness
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Japan's Economics Minister Nobuteru Ishihara walks into Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's official residence in Tokyo, Japan, January 28, 2016. REUTERS/Yuya Shino
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Economy Minister, Nobuteru Ishihara, said on Monday the economy is showing some weakness but continues to recover moderately as a trend.
"Japan's economy is likely to achieve a recovery driven by private demand" though the government must be mindful of risks such as slowing emerging market growth and uncertainty over the fate of Britain's exit from the European Union, Ishihara said in a statement issued after the release of April-June gross domestic product (GDP) data.
(Reporting by Leika Kihara and Tetsushi Kajimoto; Editing by Chang-Ran Kim)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Battle for Aleppo intensifies after ceasefire ends
- Two children killed in Georgia home invasion: police
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe skirts retirement talk at burial of friend
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!