Japan PM Abe says to work with BOJ to defeat deflation
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe delivers a news conference at a hotel in Havana, Cuba September 23, 2016. REUTERS/Alexandre Meneghini
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Wednesday that the government would continue to work closely with the Bank of Japan, using all policy tools, to defeat deflation and boost growth.
The latest shift in the BOJ's policy framework was aimed at achieving the 2 percent inflation target quickly, Abe told the upper house of parliament.
(Reporting by Tetsushi Kajimoto)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UK PM May's Conservatives retain seat in Sleaford by-election: Sky News
- Remarkable feathered dinosaur tail found in chunk of amber
- U.S. Marine pilot dies after ejecting from plane off Japan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!