Japan PM Abe says to work with BOJ to defeat deflation
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe delivers a news conference at a hotel in Havana, Cuba September 23, 2016. REUTERS/Alexandre Meneghini
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Wednesday that the government would continue to work closely with the Bank of Japan, using all policy tools, to defeat deflation and boost growth.
The latest shift in the BOJ's policy framework was aimed at achieving the 2 percent inflation target quickly, Abe told the upper house of parliament.
(Reporting by Tetsushi Kajimoto)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fate of child migrants uncertain before France demolishes Jungle camp
- Door to Lebanese presidency 'wide open', will vote for Aoun: Hezbollah
- Lithuania goes to polls with center-right opposition set to win power
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!