Japan Aso: Weak second quarter GDP due to consumption, exports
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Taro Aso, Japan's Deputy Prime Minister, attends a panel for the High-level Tax Symposium held in Chengdu in Southwestern China's Sichuan province, July 23, 2016. REUTERS/Ng Han Guan/Pool
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Monday that downbeat gross domestic product data for the second quarter was due to weak consumer spending and falling exports.
Aso told reporters after a cabinet meeting that the government had already compiled a stimulus package and it was important to push ahead with structural reforms to spur growth.
He also said the Bank of Japan's negative interest rate policy is having a positive impact by lowering the yield curve and funding costs for companies.
(Reporting by Stanley White; Editing by Chang-Ran Kim)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian brandishing knife: police
- 'La La Land' duo Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling cement mark in Hollywood
- Bilfinger CEO says will take time for Iran to regain investors' trust
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!