JPMorgan, Mediobanca, Citi arranging bridge loan in Monte dei Paschi deal
- Tech, bank stocks drive Wall Street to new high
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- UPDATE: LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
A man walks on a logo of the Monte Dei Paschi Di Siena bank in Rome, Italy September 24, 2013. REUTERS/Alessandro Bianchi/File Photo
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
VENICE, Italy (Reuters) - Mediobanca, JP Morgan and Citi are arranging a bridge loan needed for a 28 billion euro ($31 billion) bad loan sale which is part of an emergency rescue plan at Monte dei Paschi di Siena
Quaestio runs Atlante, the bank rescue fund that has agreed to buy the so-called mezzanine tranche in Monte dei Paschi's bad loan securitization -- a transaction in which loans are repackaged as debt securities.
The senior tranche in the deal will be initially financed by a bridge loan until the notes - which carry a state guarantee that takes some time to arrange - are sold to investors. The loan will allow the securitization vehicle to buy the loans from Monte dei Paschi before that.
"Mediobanca, JPMorgan and Citi are arranging the bridge loan," Quaestio CEO Paolo Petrignani told reporters on the sidelines of Banca Ifis' annual NPL conference in Venice.
(Reporting by Valentina Za; editing by Francesca Landini)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 12/8: (JNPR) (HES) (COR) Upgraded; (FIT) (AZZ) (ARCX) Downgraded
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 12/7: (MELI) (MMM) (AZO) Upgraded; (HELE) (MUR) (AMCX) Downgraded
- Exclusive: ACT Inc raises test prices abroad to fund cheating fight