Items of 'slight interest' found in search for missing British toddler in Greece
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
South Yorkshire police officers and members of the Greek rescue service (in red uniforms) investigate the ground while excavating a site during an investigation for Ben Needham, a 21-month-old British toddler who went missing in 1991, on the island of Kos
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
KOS, Greece (Reuters) - British police seeking a toddler missing for 25 years said on Tuesday they had uncovered scraps of fabric "of slight interest" in a field on the Greek island of Kos, where he was last seen.
Following new leads in the disappearance of Ben Needham, South Yorkshire Police, leading the investigation, began excavations in an olive grove on the island on Monday.
Police are focusing their attention on two sites on the island close to where the child was last seen on July 24, 1991, and a team with British and Greek forensic archaeologists involved continued sifting through mounds of earth using a giant sieve for a second day on Tuesady.
A "vast number" of bones had been unearthed but discounted as belonging to animals, Detective Inspector Jon Cousins said on the site, and pieces of fabric were being analyzed.
"When I say it is of slight interest, it is of slight interest," Cousins said. "They are pieces of fabric and clearly we want to make sure: do they or do they not relate to any of the items that Ben may have been wearing on that day."
The child was 21 months old when he disappeared while playing outside a farmhouse his family was renovating as a holiday home.
(Reporting by Vassilis Triandafyllou Editing by Jeremy Gaunt)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UK PM May's Conservatives retain seat in Sleaford by-election: Sky News
- China warns WTO members not to use non-market economy clause after December 11
- Asian shares flat but on track for weekly gains
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!