Italy court rejects appeal against constitutional referendum
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
ROME (Reuters) - A Rome court on Tuesday rejected an appeal against the wording of a Dec. 4 referendum on constitutional reform, bringing to a close a series of legal appeals against the vote, all of which have been rejected.
Valerio Onida, a former constitutional court judge, brought the latest case arguing that it was unacceptable that the ballot sheet lumped together multiple issues into one question requesting a single 'yes' or 'no' answer.
All opinion polls over the past month suggest Prime Minister Matteo Renzi is likely to lose the ballot over his proposal to drastically reduce the role of the Senate and curb the powers of regional governments.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Four Gambia ministers resign from Jammeh's government
- Russia expects dialogue with Trump on nuclear weapons: Lavrov
- Russia turns to Libya with show of support for eastern commander
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!