Italy court accepts Monte dei Paschi settlement request: source
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
A logo of Monte dei Paschi di Siena bank is seen on the ground in Siena, Italy, November 5, 2014. REUTERS/Giampiero Sposito/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
MILAN (Reuters) - An Italian court accepted a request from Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena
The settlement with Monte dei Paschi involves the seizure of 10 million euros and a fine of 600,000 euros, the source said.
In October some former managers at Monte dei Paschi were among several people ordered to stand trial for a series of financial crimes. [nL8N1C70A5]
Under Italian law a company can be held responsible if it is deemed that it failed to prevent, or attempt to prevent, a crime by an employee that benefited the company.
(Reporting by Manuela d'Alessandro, writing by Stephen Jewkes, editing Luca Trogni)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sanaa air raids resume as Yemen truce expires: residents
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe skirts retirement talk at burial of friend
- Saudi Arabia asks Russia to join Gulf oil talks in sign of cooperation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!