Italy court accepts Monte dei Paschi settlement request: source
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
A logo of Monte dei Paschi di Siena bank is seen on the ground in Siena, Italy, November 5, 2014. REUTERS/Giampiero Sposito/File Photo
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MILAN (Reuters) - An Italian court accepted a request from Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena
The settlement with Monte dei Paschi involves the seizure of 10 million euros and a fine of 600,000 euros, the source said.
In October some former managers at Monte dei Paschi were among several people ordered to stand trial for a series of financial crimes. [nL8N1C70A5]
Under Italian law a company can be held responsible if it is deemed that it failed to prevent, or attempt to prevent, a crime by an employee that benefited the company.
(Reporting by Manuela d'Alessandro, writing by Stephen Jewkes, editing Luca Trogni)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Baidu names former Microsoft exec as COO in artificial intelligence push
- Canada's Portag3 Ventures invests in Street Contxt
- Scholar says free-floating yuan is nothing to fear: paper
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!