Italian minister would welcome more openness to Russia from U.S.
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Italian Foreign Minister Paolo Gentiloni attends a press conference after a foreign minister meeting of the EU founding members in Berlin, Germany, June 25, 2016. REUTERS/Axel Schmidt
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - Italy's foreign minister said on Tuesday he would welcome a more open approach towards Russia from the United States under President-elect Donald Trump.
"If there is a more open attitude towards Russia then I am not worried, I am happy," Foreign Minister Paolo Gentiloni said at an event in Berlin.
He said that he and his German counterpart Frank-Walter Steinmeier, who was sitting on the stage with him, had long supported stronger engagement with Russia.
(Reporting by Noah Barkin)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
- Jho Low family dealt setback in move to claim assets in 1MDB probe
- 'Pissed off' Belgian prince faces dressing down by PM
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!