Israeli aircraft strikes Gaza after militants fire rocket - military
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - An Israeli aircraft struck a militant target in the northern Gaza Strip on Monday after a rocket was fired toward Israel, the military said.
No casualties were reported following the air strike, Gaza residents said. The rocket fired toward southern Israel set off sirens after tracking systems monitored the launch but it landed inside the Gaza Strip, a military statement said.
Small jihadist cells in the Gaza Strip, which is controlled by Islamist group Hamas, sometimes launch rockets into Israel.
Hamas has observed a de facto ceasefire with Israel since 2014, when 2,100 Palestinians and 73 Israelis were killed in a war.
But Israel says it holds the groups responsible for all rocket launches from the territory.
(Additional reporting by Nidal al-Mughrabi in Gaza; Writing by Ori Lewis; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Former U.S. officials urge Trump to talk with Iranian MEK group
- Senior Canada military officer suspended from duty, no reason given
- Exclusive: Brazil's Temer says unemployment, not graft probe, biggest worry
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!