Israel jobless rate unchanged at 4.7 percent in July
- Wall St. opens lower amid Trump, Brexit uncertainty
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/17: (FWP) (CLSN) (GEVO) Higher; (ADHD) (CBK) (UEC) Lower (more...)
A worker looks at a diamond during polishing at a factory in Ramat Gan near Tel Aviv, Israel June 22, 2015. REUTERS/Baz Ratner
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TEL AVIV (Reuters) - Israel's unemployment rate was 4.7 percent in July, unchanged from June, the Central Bureau of Statistics said on Monday.
The number of employed rose 0.5 percent to 3.756million, with 61.3 percent of those aged 15 and over having jobs, up from 61.1 percent in June. Full-time employment rose 1.2 percent from June, while part-time employment slipped 0.4 percent last month.
The participation rate in the labor force of those 15 and older was 64.4 percent in July, up from 64.2 percent in June. Israel's economy is forecast to grow 2.4 percent in 2016.
In the second quarter, Israel's jobless rate
(Reporting by Tova Cohen, Editing by Ari Rabinovitch)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brainard joins Fed chorus warning about fiscal stimulus risks
- Kenyan women step up fight for land destined for coal mine
- Iran says it is against U.S. presence in Syria talks in Astana
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!