Islamic State attacks Kirkuk, oil production not affected
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
KIRKUK, Iraq (Reuters) - Islamic State militants attacked several buildings in the northern Iraqi oil city of Kirkuk on Friday before dawn, security sources said.
Crude production facilities were not targeted and power supply continued uninterrupted in the city, the sources said.
The hardline militant group claimed the attacks in online statements.
(Reporting by Maher Chmaytelli; Editing by Tom Hogue)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Armed with apps and crops, women lead battle to save Senegal's shrinking farmland
- Indian government to ally with charities to combat child porn online
- Facebook moves to head off tougher regulation in Germany
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesCrude Oil
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!